Our history

 

There has been a restaurant called “Zufriedenheit” (in English, “Contentment”) on Steinweg in Naumburg since 1853. Popular among the town’s citizens, as well as its visitors, it served as a guest house for many years. “Zufriedenheit” was managed by various owners and operators through the years, until it served as the headquarters of the Free German Youth during the era of the former GDR. Later on, the premises were even home to a puppet theater and the branch of a bank.

Some time after German reunification, the building protected as a historic monument and its neighboring house, now in ruins, were purchased by the current owner. Unfortunately, the planned restoration work could not be carried out as the buildings had become too run down. After reconstruction, the building is almost true to the original façades and “Zufriedenheit” again serves its original purpose: welcoming guests and satisfying their needs.

Anniversary book



T. +49 3445 791 20 51
welcome@gasthof-zufriedenheit.de